Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lucky Day

Today was a lucky day. I went shopping and went to give someone a pound for their trolley, and the woman said "Don't worry about it", smiled and walked off! Coming out of the shop I bought a scratchcard with that pound and won a £1!
THEN, and this is the spooky bit, when I went back to my car, there was a metal wine rack abandoned right next to my driver's door. Now, last week we had been talking about getting a wine rack (right - like wine hangs around long enough in our house to actually LIVE in a wine rack) but they were a bit dear, and here is one, brand new almost, just sitting there next to my car!
There is one bottle of wine in it now :-)
AND I am knitting a pair of fingerless gloves in some weird wavy rib pattern thats all "yon/unravel to last row/stand on your head whilst singing the national anthem" and the pattern is working!
Got to go - making crab cakes.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 AM

    I love it when that happens! *sending psychic bottle of old vine shiraz (australian vintage)for new wine rack* xx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    You're on a roll!!!

    Sounds like you need to purchase a lottery ticket!

    (this from a woman who never does buy one! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky. Maybe good things come in threes like the bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crab cakes? WTF are crab cakes? Cakes? With crab? Not in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!

    (With apologies to Peter Kay obviously............)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice with garlic bread though Steve :-)

    ReplyDelete