Sunday, September 17, 2006

Movie Night(s)

On Friday night I watched Final Destination 3. I didnt enjoy it as much as the other 2 because there were a lot less deaths by gory methods but it was still fun and had the odd "ooooo look what happened to him" moment.What WAS scary though was the fact that it began on a roller coaster. I cannot stand roller coasters. I went on one once and its that feeling you get when you go up and then almost stop and you know there is nothing you can do about the actual going down part- you can't get off, you just have to go. And I hate that "leaving your stomach behind" feeling as well. I am not anti fairground at all. I love a good fair, and I adore things that go round and round like Walzters and Cyclones and stuff like that. I just dont like steep drops from big heights. This seems like a reasonable attitude to me but other people can't believe I dont like roller coasters. They say things like "oh you are just scared of them, you baby". Yes I AM bloody scared of them - that's why I don't like them! :-)
Last night we watched Saw2. Again, not as good as the first one but good fun all the same. It was a bit too cleaned up and less psychological than the first one, but then when was a sequel ever better than the original film? I can't think of one that was. I can think of plenty that are much WORSE, but not better. And by the time you get to the third one, well, its alll gone south by that point.
Had KFC for dinner today, and a pint in the Bay Horse on the way back. Hopefully the people that have it at the moment manage to make a go of it because its a lovely pub (albeit at the bottom of a bloody great hill that you have to walk back up afterwards), the food is nice, its not dear, its not full of idiots (unless WE are in :-) ) and its convenient. Its been through a few changes of landlord over the years we have been going in it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the current lot.

2 comments:

  1. I go up, I go down--I even round and round....but upside down? Ain't happening.

    Rollercoasters now a days go loop-dee-loop, which means MEL AIN'T GOIN' ON IT!!
    Now, if there's a kiddy-dinosaur one that's big enough to hold me.....LOL I MIGHT consider it.

    MIGHT, mind you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent one whole summer back in the 80's just going to funfairs, amusement parks and theme parks. I rode rollercoasters literally til I puked..(Note to self..not wise to have 4 beers, bacon cheeseburger and nachos, then go on corkscrew-esque ride..). I don't believe I've been on any since (rollercoasters that is ;) )!

    ReplyDelete