Saturday, August 19, 2006

Work

Everything at work was ticking along nicely. And then yesterday I get a letter and then a phone call from some company who want a reference for someone who worked for us and who is now going to work for them. Hmmm, thats odd, I think, because no one has left for ages and ages. Turns out they havent left at all because they still work here!
The poor woman on the phone was mortified because we didn't know someone was leaving and not telling us, and I was mortified because I didnt know either and she felt so awful that I felt sorry for her.
Anyway, bottom line is we will be one short and I will be girl-with-two-jobs again, at least for a short time. I havent had Monday morning going back to work blues for 6 years and I have a horrible feeling I am going to get them again. I love my job, but now its all going to be a bit rough for a while and I am so cross. I know people have to do what's best for them, and better themselves and all that jazz, but I can't help feeling a bit irked about all this behind the back stuff thats obviously been going on. We aren't exactly IBM; we are a small company and everyone is important. A bit of notice would have been nice.
I dont think the new employers were particularly impressed with the way their new employee has behaved either, but that's not something I have to worry about anymore.
On a lighter note, I got three Guy N Smith horror novels in the post, I have sold a stack of stuff on Ebay and cleaned a third of my stair carpet with a scrubbing brush and some nuclear chemical type stuff that makes you dizzy :-)
Last night we watched "Carnival of Souls" on DVD. Then we started watching "The Mesa of Lost Women" (tip - DONT) and we both fell asleep and woke up at 5am covered in cats on the settee. That was fun!
Speak soon guys and gals

2 comments:

  1. Yeah..office politics and stuff. I'm usually the last to know anything and hate being blindsided by stuff. Dammit.

    Yay! Chemicals that cause dizziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cleaning stairs makes me dizzy, no chemicals neded! Odd though, dizziness doesn't get the stairs clean.
    Shame about the silly person leaving you innthe lurch. What a prat!

    Waking up with cats at 5 am has a familiar ring to it! sort of a furry ring :)

    ReplyDelete