Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm in the band

Born Idle, the best old school punk rock and roll band on the planet, are back in action. Of course, being the bass player, I am biased :-)
Last night saw us supporting Slaughter and the Dogs at the Thatched House in Stockport. We were excellent, it was very hot and I sweated buckets. I drank shandy! Yes, SHANDY! Doesn't do to be drunk at ones own gigs.Otherwise one can't play for toffee. There are no pictures yet because I can't snap and play at the same time, but friends took some and I will see if I can get hold of a few.
I enjoyed Slaughter a lot more than I thought I would and it was nice to see a few faces I havent seen for a while.
On the way home we saw the aftermath of a crash, where there was a taxi on its side in the middle of the road and people running around all over the place. The driver of the car that hit the taxi drove off! I dont think anyone was hurt and I hope the absconded driver gets caught.

2 comments:

  1. Slaughter? The Slaughter? From LA? In the 80's? Whoa.

    I hate hit and run drivers. There's a plague of them in Tucson over the past year. Keeps me from getting a motorcycle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hate them too.

    Sounds like a good gig. (isn't it a pain the way drinking screws up your playing :)

    ReplyDelete