Sunday, January 16, 2005

Thai-d up !

Last night 16 of us had a Thai banquet in Moseley. I have no idea what the courses were called but it was very nice indeed, and there was LOADS. Everything seemed to have fresh coriander on it, which I love, and the waitresses were dressed in authentic Thai costumes. Passing plates about between 16 people was a bit difficult though.
Aside from that, life has been occupying my time. My band played a gig (we were excellent, as ever), the other band played a gig (and I played sound engineer again), work rolled on, I have half painted the bathroom tiles, got a new Sky remote, killed one of my pcs with a screensaver (note to self - remember that you are an IT professional and don't download any more screensavers...)entertained a strange cat that invited itself in for supper, read a lot of books and just generally carried on being me. Nice.
Oh yes, and the back gate fell off and needs mending and the roof is leaking. When I was painting the tiles in the bathroom, I had to take the side off the bath, and at the back I found some very old wallpaper indeed, still attached to the wall. It must be pretty old because the layer beneath is green distemper! I will try and scan it in at some point, but its a bit tatty and aged. I am estimating 1950s or thereabouts.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...distemper green. That's got to be way worse than the 70's and the penchant of painting everything Avacado green, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. Twas a worldwide phenom I'm presuming?

    ReplyDelete