Sunday, January 23, 2005

Je Suis Un Rock Star

Friday night saw me and my guitar at the Thatched House in Stockport, 3rd on out of 4 bands, and we were very good. The last band on were not good at all, which makes me wonder why they got paid and we didn't. This was a general opinion held by everyone there, and not just mine! Hey ho.
Saturday night saw me and my guitar at the Lion in Castleford. Again, we were very good, even with a pa we had to cobble together from various bits and pieces of our own, as the venue didn't have a pa.
The journey there and back was a nightmare. I was wedged between speakers in sub zero temperatures for over two hours in total, and now I think I have frostbite.On the way home (at 1.30am in a frozen northern wasteland) I made our drummer take all the stuff he sticks in his bass drum OUT and then I wrapped it around myself and was slightly less than freezing, but only just. So I used my old standby trick of falling asleep till I got home.
This may explain why I have a very sore leg and arm today ;-(
I also emailed a couple of pictures of Felix looking nasty to www.mycathatesyou.com but they haven't appeared yet. She is very disappointed.So here is a nice one of her so she doesn't feel too bad..


1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the potential frostbite rockstar chick. Wearing things that go inside drums is not very comfortable, having done that myself one eve back in the 80's after some drunken pool playing with a local band...at least now I can afford a jacket;)

    ReplyDelete