Saturday, January 01, 2005

The day the tree came down...

...was today. All the decorations are down and packed away for another year. I like Christmas and its sad to see all the glittery stuff come down but there you go.
And what did I do this Christmas? It was a lazy-fest actually.
Christmas Eve was spent indoors eating and drinking. Christmas day food was Russian themed this year. Chicken patties, cabbage and vodka. Neat. In a shot glass. Just the vodka I mean, not the food! You had to toast the food, then the plates, then the condiments, then the chef, then drink a double vodka neat in one go. Several times.
The vodka was FREEZING as it snowed a lot on Christmas day



and we stashed the bottle in a pile of snow.
Boxing Day we whizzed over to my in laws and went to the pub for our lunch, where I had something called "smothered chicken". The smothering bit was CHEESE. Lovely. Got very drunk on all kinds of wonderful drinks, and ended up playing "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" all night.

The rest was just eating and drinking and being ill - I have flu and I feel ATROCIOUS. Never mind, it will all be gone by the time I go back to work!

2 more days off and back to normality. The cats will be relieved. They haven't been able to do whatever it is they do all day when there is no one here, and they are getting a bit fed up of humans hanging around all the time.

I got loads of good presents, mostly things about or containing faeries of some description. My best one was this:



although I liked this one a lot as well:



See him sitting amongst the rubbish in my house! He waves his paw up and down (he has a battery in him) and the paper attached to his paw says "money". He certainly worked because him indoors found a pound in the pub and we cashed in all our loose change in one of those machines you get in supermarkets, and it came to £179.83!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome presents dudette! Love the orb....and the money kitty. What's the book the kitty is sitting on? Is it any good? Should it be part of the FaeryWitch BookClub suggested reading list? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is called "Sound of the Beast - The complete headbanging history of heavy metal". I havent read it ALL yet but its pretty good stuff, especially the bits about Twisted Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about when we have a vacation/holiday we get sick? My New Year's wish to you, next Vacation you have, and heck, all the rest of them, you're happy and healthy as all get out.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete