Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Middle age

I am getting distinctly middle aged. I am not quite there yet but not far off. Its more of an attitude. I get it off my dad I think. I get so CROSS about things these days. Little things. Not the huge things, like why Tony Blair is an idiot, why George Bush is a BAD thing - you know the kind of thing I mean. I am cross because Morrisons card machines keep breaking and you have to sign for things and have another method of ID to prove who you are. Ok, I wear jeans and a leather jacket and I am a bit... scruffy... but I dont shoplift or have a stolen debit card so why make things hard for me?? I am cross that the man in the petrol station does NOT turn the pump on for about 5 minutes when you stand there with the thing in your hand trying to put petrol in your car and he is on his mobile phone - and I am sure you aren't supposed to use mobiles in petrol stations anyway. I am cross because PowerGen are incapable of taking my meter reading that I submit on line and just bill me random, mad amounts. I am cross because every other call I get at home is stupid sales people trying to flog me mobiles and conservatories and I am supposedly registered with that thing thats supposed to STOP those calls. I am cross because of flies that come in when you have the back door open so your old cats can wander in and out and then just die on the windowsill and fall behind things and you find little decayed corpses three weeks later. I am cross because I HATE housework and I have to clean my kitchen now when I would rather be knitting and drinking wine and watching a horror film. GAH.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    So you aren't in a very good mood then? My word you ARE like your Dad aren't you? Hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rant on my sista! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww....

    Consider a pet door?
    Ack!

    Ya poor thing.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must only be middle aged then too! Ditto crossness for every item on your list:)
    (word ver: iolyo, iolyo it's off to ? we go..........pom pom pom, pom pom pom, Iol-y-o)
    Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete