Friday, May 04, 2007

And the band played on

I have a new car. I dont really want to go on about it as look what happened last time I did! Anyway, she is called Sheena and she is a red Hyundai Accent 3.1SI. She isnt new but she is new to me so thats the important thing.
The claim rolls on although it looks like I am not going to get an argument from the other side because they admitted liability yesterday so that's good. I am feeling a bit hypocritical about the whole thing. Sort of. Then I remember what happened and I get cross again. It genuinely WASNT my fault so think I am due back the money I have lost because of it.
My birthday day/night out was a good one. We went into town and had a few pints and bought some video...er...dvd nasties and some second hand horror novels and had some more drinks and went to Frankie and Bennys and had a "shared platter" (I HATE that word platter) and then met some friends and drank a bit more and then went back to our house and watched old videos of my band at various gigs and the next day I felt fine, which is surprising for a woman of my now advanced age!

2 comments:

  1. Wooooohoooooo for a working vehicle that's all yours (again).
    And here's hoping there's monetary compensation coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for your comments on my Pin Up Queen Sweater. I actually ran out of wool for the arms so it has turned into a tank top. How is yours coming along? I was worried about the back too but it worked out ok when I joined it all up. I am now hanging on for some similar wool to finish the arms! Oh well it may be finished by the end of the year!

    I love your blog. I too, love faeries. I am sorry to hear about all your problems with cars/crazy idiot drivers! I wish you the best of luck with your new one. I have only just got my beetle back on the road, it cost a fortune to get the wiring fixed after someone broke into it and tried to hot wire it!

    Kind Regards,

    Ally

    ReplyDelete