Monday, March 05, 2007

Why I hate my STREET part 1

Well, I don't actually hate it - I like it at night when no one is about. I like it on weekdays (not that I am there that much at that time) when there is no-one about. I like the neighbours. I do NOT like the neighbour's children. This is going to sound SOOO old lady, but I cannot stand kids playing out in the street. I realise thats a very unpopular view these days, what with a pervert in every bush and all that, but screeching hoards (well, three or four of them) running around all over the show, especially at silly o clock on a Sunday morning, really cheeses me off.
And the bloody house itself - duff chimney, no fire, Victorian boiler, rattling windows, dog eared carpets (cat eared actually), the toilet flush with the temperament of Lily Allen, the ghost ; I am fed up of it all.
And then FINALLY him indoors decides we can move! Three cheers etc.
Then I find out how much the bank will lend us, how much it will all cost, what I can GET for that pittance, how worthless my house actually IS, and it looks like moving wont be that much of an option after all.
I have now turned into one of those people who pin their hopes on winning the lottery. Except I wont.
And its all bills this month as well. The AA cards are due, phone bill, credit card, 2 cars needing work prior to MOTs, car tax, electric bill - you name it and I have a bill for it this month.
Bleughhhhh. That's how I feel.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    We feel bleughhhh as well, we've got a stack of bills to pay AND the vacuum cleaner blew up this week so we'll probably have to replace that too! Or should I just give up hoovering and save the money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely give up hoovering!

    *sigh*
    Federal taxes.
    State taxes.
    Bills.
    More bills.
    Replace brakes on the car trauma.
    *sigh*

    Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sounds of children put my nerves on edge..I feel your pain sista. I put my bills through the paper shredder. Take that IRS! xx

    ReplyDelete