Wednesday, March 21, 2007

How I learned to stop worrying about *insert your favourite stressy thing here" and shouted a lot instead

Right. I fixed the electric prob in my car. I got SO annoyed and stressed out about it, especially as how the garage said it would need an autoelectrician to fix it, at about £8million a second, that I hit the internet. In my job, I am a professional geek. First thing to do when something goes wrong is reboot it. So I (well, him indoors but I helped, wearing pyjamas and big socks in the middle of the night in the middle of our street) disconnected the battery and reconnected it. And its fixed.


Sold some stuff on Ebay. UNsold my old bass amp. Must try harder.

Jezebel (that's my car's official name) got a valet and is clean for the first time in a year. New tyres and brakes as well. Now I can STOP.


Watched 5 minutes of a film called Ultraviolet. Ultraboring is my verdict. Switched it off and watched an Aerosmith bootleg instead.


Finished the stripey jumper. Here is him indoors modelling it VERY WEIRDLY.

Taught myself to knit on a circular needle. Thanks for the help mum - I am now knitting left handed again :-)

A week on Friday Jezebel goes for her MOT at the same place she got her electrics condemned as unfixable by mere mortals. I am going to enjoy telling them all about it........

The hall remains unpainted. Who wants to paint when there is red wine in the world?

The shouting? I shouted at just about anyone in earshot this last week. I do feel better!

Rock on girls and boys )0(

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 PM

    That's a great sweater, well done - alhough Dad is a bit puzzled as he didn't realise you'd married Dennis The Menace!

    I'm glad you mastered the circular needle knitting - cor was that difficult explaining it to you over the phone!? (Sorry I passed on my lefthandedness to you but I didn't know it was catching!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I shout at people can I get a Dennis the Menace sweater, too?

    Seems only fair.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jumper looks great and very well modelled! I'm very impressed that you can mend anything electrical, I'm a complete idiot in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shouting is GREAT. I've been doing a lot of it lately (when no one's around to complain...I'm such a wimp).

    Love the stripey number..do you do mail order?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shouting is so rocknroll! So's the stripey jumper...awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 AM

    I love the jumper, where can I get one

    ReplyDelete