Saturday, March 10, 2007

More bills

Well, car number 1 has been in for its MOT and it failed. Dodgy suspension something or other and a couple of iffy tyres. £239 put that right. Ace.
Car number 2 (mine) has no speedo and no rev counter and no fuel guage, due to an electrical fault, and the garage at the bottom of the road can't fix it so its got to go to an auto electrician or something similar. In the mean time, I don't know how fast I am going, how much fuel is in my car- and the damn trip is still working so its not even free miles! I have discovered its NOT an MOT fail (my MOT is due at the end of the month), so I will have to live with it for a short time. I did buy new wheel trims, new wiper blades and some "things" which you attach trims to the side of your car with. Mine fell off over a year ago and its only now I am getting round to putting it back ON. I say putting it back on, I mean all the new stuff is in my boot WAITING to be attached to the car. I have lost the will to live where cars are concerned.
The drummer in my band sent me a text today. On Thursday night after rehearsal, he was going home and his car set on fire. Just like that! He is ok. I dont think his car is. Will find out more tomorrow.
Due to all the expenditure and hassle, we went to the KFC for dinner and had a couple of pints on the way back, where we sat in the pub and did the Daily Mail cryptic crossword. I can't believe the Daily Mail is in my house. Its a wonder it didn't spontaneously combust as it went over the threshold. Good free DVD though - Alice in Wonderland. That one with Miranda Richardson in it. And Whoopi Goldberg is the Cheshire Cat.
I have finally started painting the hall. It will take 2 coats I have discovered, so thats twice the depression about it. My DIY tip - never paint your hall dark pink because its a bugger to paint over unless you are going darker, and I am not. I am going "desert". Thats like a creamy magnolia. I dont know, it was cheap in Focus so I bought it.
The great Ebay selling frenzy starts now as well. I have got a new bass head (in my defence I sold my old one first!), but we are potless, so if its not moved for a month, its on Ebay. That'll be the cats then. I don't think they have moved in a year.
Him indoors is parting with one of his beloved Marshall speakers. Ok, he has a LOT of them, and this one hasnt moved out of the upstairs "studio" for over a year, but its still very brave of him to sell anything music related. I suspect he may be considering buying something. Something EXPENSIVE.
Till next time chitlings... x

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    A message from Dad - he says he is mortified that you actually allowed the Daily Mail to enter your premises, you weren't brought up to do things like that. (You'll notice that he wasn't mortified enough to type this himself so I had to do it for him!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL@ the mom

    And after an explanation from the Brit (well, actually none was required--I got it when I mentioned 'the Daily Mail'....LOL) I'd have to say they'd need to be darn good puzzles! LOL

    And I'da thought showing off all the stuff in your trunk woulda helped.
    You didn't take the "please excuse Samantha from not having the widgets actually put in" excuse with you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Himself tells me the whole lot of us ought to be grateful it's not the Sunday Sport that arrives at her door.

    LOL
    And I've now had my ears filled with what the Sunday Sport IS.
    YIKES!!! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. in my experience (w/the guys in the band) that if there's EVER an item being sold on ebay... it's inevitably because a purchase WAS made or is BEING made! hahah....

    and i've never had a car burn on me... but all the other details there.. yup! can completely related!

    LOVE your blog (did you do it yourself? or where did you find it) ... love it!

    rock/knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. Its a blog template I modified a bit. I likes the rain:-)

    Mel - Sunday Sport - dont GO there!

    ReplyDelete