Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blog Land

I decided to change the whole look of this thing. My dad complained he couldn't read it and it was getting on my nerves a bit as well to be honest, and I like rain, so we are now rain themed.
I must tell you about the cats and their fleas. They got them quite badly and on previous experience, anything you buy form a shop is rubbish. I got some tablets called "capstar" off a vet on Ebay (yes, a real vet and not someone pretending to BE one), and I checked the tablets out and they are also sold in vets so I got some. Within 15 minutes of them taking a tablet, loads of dead fleas fell off the cats! It was awesome. Amazingly, neither of them pretended to take the tablet, only for it to fall out of their mouth an hour later - they actually swallowed it.
Anyway, the fleas have left the building. I can't recommend this stuff enough. No, they aren't paying me :-)
On Halloween night, we got no trick or treaters whatsoever. So we ate the sweeties I bought from the shop. Dolly mixtures! I haven't had those in years. Dolly mixtures are unique in that they don't contain any that I don't like. For example, Liquorice Allsorts have those horrid jelly ones with little bobbly bits on that are VILE, Revels have the yukky peanut ones and so on and so on. ALL Dolly Mixtures are nice! And they remind me of my mum, which make them nicer.
Watched half of Peter Jackson's King Kong last week before falling asleep. There ends my critical review of it.
Tonight its "Nightmare in a damaged brain" (yes Dad, I can hear your remarks right now), which is a previously banned video nasty. Oh yes. This I shall enjoy :-)

11 comments:

  1. Wow--nice spread!

    And nice to be rid of the unwanted guests, I'm sure.

    I've never met a cat that actually swallowed a pill without being placed in a headlock and their mouth clamped shut. LOL Congratulations on getting the job done!

    (BTW--we lasted all of 30 minutes on the Kong Movie........what sillliness it was.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Dad has no cause to comment on your choice of film - he just got Re-animator! He claims he got it for me but I expect he'll force himself to watch it too!
    I love the raindrop effect - much easier to read for those of us with elderly eyes. Er - could we lose Mr manson now do you think? That man gives me the heebie jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what Mr Manson? Where?? Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:08 PM

    Ooops! I thought that weird bloke on the first page was Charles Manson - who the heck IS it then, and do I need a new pair of specs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 PM

    I've just had a closer look - it's Rob Zombie isn't it? Oh good grief, there goes my street cred! I thought I had a few more years left yet before dementia set in but it seems I was wrong!
    He still gives me the heebie jeebies though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *scratching head*
    All *I* see is a cute little photo of a yellow puppy.
    And BOY am I GLAD!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Oh no - does this mean I'm the only one who can see this bloke? This is getting weird - the dementia must be further advanced than I thought -eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *wincing*

    What bloke?
    (I didn't wanna be the one to break it to ya....LOL)
    No bloke here!! Just the cute little puppy with the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Hi Mel - I think I've solved the mystery! I get here via a different route so I get to see an extra page and THAT'S where the creepy bloke lurks! At least, I think that's the answer, it's either that or my computer may be haunted........!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. She means this bloke: www.faerywings.co.uk
    I will get shut of him. He is Otis P Driftwood. He is off The Devil's Rejects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah HA!!

    Nah. Not even close to Charlie Manson.
    This fella has too knobby of elbows.
    (like I spend LOADS of time looking at Charles Manson's elbows? ROFL!!)

    ReplyDelete