Saturday, March 18, 2006

Down Mexico way....

We have just been to Chiquitas, a psuedo Mexican place that has as much to do with Mexico as one of my cats, but its a very nice place. Sombreros on the wall, pictures of mustachioed bull fighters all over the show - you get the idea. I had sizzling chicken and steak fajitas and him indoors had chargrilled swordfish. Mmmmm. I also had a Mai Tai. Double mmmmmmm.
What WASN'T mmmm was the tshirt worn by one of the hoards of 17 year olds waitressing : "Famous for Fajita's". Fajita's WHAT? Grrrrrr.
What else have I been up to? Not a lot really. I won the whole Malory Towers series of books off Ebay for £4 and I am up to Third Year at Malory Towers. They even have the same covers as the ones I used to have but which got lost somewhere along the way.
I never, ever liked Daryl Rivers. For someone who went about losing her temper and slapping people/shoving them in swimming pools, hurling them over chairs etc, she seemed to be far to well liked for me. Alicia was much better. And Mary Lou. And Sally. But no, I don't like Daryl.
Ooo I tell a lie - I HAVE done something. The new drummer we auditioned was a) good, b)not an idiot or a serial killer and c) seems to like US, so we are on a roll again. Had a rehearse somewhere in Wigan and it all went very well indeed. Hopefully gigs will be on the horizon soon, unless he turns out to be awaiting sentence for drug dealing/has a psychotic girlfriend that will burn his drum kit/get run over by a bus. Fingers crossed guys.

5 comments:

  1. Damn..somebody won the audition before I could get over there..I'm bummed now man. Anyway, congrats and hope he works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the drummy person and thanks for the tip about ebay for those obscure bioks from my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bioks? I did, of course, mean books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about Ebay for obscure books! Brilliant!
    Good luck too with the drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I just noticed your comment about photoshop brushes. I simply dare not download any new ones in case of further spiralling into weird midnight paractices :)

    ReplyDelete