Sunday, May 01, 2005

This Ole House..is falling apart

On Wednesday the bathroom flooded. Which flooded the kitchen below. Well, not really flooded but unpleasant coloured water dripped through the ceiling. I had to call a plumber. I then had to sit with two saucepans, holding each in turn under the cascade of water that was jetting out from under the toilet, emptying them every 2 minutes and so on and so on. I didn't know where the stop cock was. Eventually I found it, and turned the water off. Noah and his ark went away. The problem was due to a little rubber thingy at the bottom of the toilet perishing. The cost? £160. Insane. I should have been a plumber.
Yesterday, Mr Sam heroically replaced the broken ball cock thingy in the cistern all by himself! This is the man who claims not to be able to actually DO any home improvements, but this was one problem that wasn't going to go away, and we certainly can't afford to get another plumber out!
As I type he is fitting a new bathroom carpet as well! Its green, like the bottom of the sea (he says). I wonder what else I can find for him to do, now he has revealed his true colours....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    So! 'Im Indoors has finally revealed his alter ego - "Handy Man"! I have a feeling that he may live to regret doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yes. And hide any jackhammers that might be laying about. Hehe..ballcock..sorry, always makes me giggle like the immature one that I am..

    ReplyDelete