Saturday, June 12, 2004

Friday Night is Blondie night!

Me and junior sister in law went to see the brilliant Blondie at the Manchester Apollo on Friday night. It was all seated this time but we stood up. Debbie still dances like Dame Edna, but they were great. Clem Burke must be about 19 now, looking at him. A bit too much of the disco stuff for me, and a touch too much new stuff as well, but they always do that so I can't complain. All in all a fantastic night. I was pleased they did X Offender and Rifle Range, but one day I hope to see them do "Die Young, Stay Pretty". Lee Fox (bass player) looks like the child of Dee Dee Ramone and Charlie off Coronation Street, who is now rivalling T**d G******w for sheer selfish horribleness.
At least we have reached incidence number two of soap Nirvana - first Jason chins Nick Tilsey and last night Leanne chucks a pint over him!! You can't beat it.
We had a power cut on Friday night. I was all ready with the candles (we had already had a mini acoustic concert by him indoors)but then it came back on. Boooring...Power cuts aren't like they were when I was a child ( and I was a child during the super ones of the 1970s!)

No comments:

Post a Comment