Sunday, June 20, 2004

DIY - Do I not like that?

Its been all work and no play this weekend chez Faery Towers. The bedroom carpet is a mixture of 70s fibre, cat hair, MY hair and general rubbish. And it had to go. I did it by myself. It took all day. I had to cut the crumbling carpet into bin bag sized bits, fill a bin bag with the bits and then chuck the bag out of the bedroom window. And then repeat this many many times.Then hoover repeatedly. The floorboards have revealed themselves to be archaic, nail riddled 1820s monoliths. I am ignoring them. Rugs are a wonderful invention.
And then we went INSANE and bought a whole pile of self-assembly bedroom furniture. Half of it is UNassembled, but for the first time in my life I have a dressing table. I have always always wanted one, with a mirror and perfume bottles and velvet scarves draped about, and glass bottles and all my girly stuff strewn around and now I have one. It makes it all worth while.
Oh, and the central heating has thrown a fit. Hot water is fine but only the upstairs radiators work. Typical.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Good luck with the pump dismantling, I'm wondering how many bits you will have left over when you put it back together again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete