Saturday, July 21, 2007

Newton Music Festival

I was there. In the rain and the cold last night, taking photos, drinking brandy out of a plastic glass and pinching other people's chips. DC/79 have a new singer at last, and it was his unveiling last night.

It was GREAT. I even managed to finally REALLY sell my old bass amp, so now I am on the look out for a new cab, as I have exploded mine somehow :-)

A kind friend gave me a case for my bass head, so the fins on the back can no longer attack me and hack lumps of flesh out of anything that goes within two feet of it.


In other news, I have discovered I really REALLY like jalapeno poppers, which are jalapeno chillies filled with cream cheese and covered in breadcrumbs. I think you are supposed to deep fry them but I just stick 'em in the oven.


In fact, that's made me hungry so I will go and have some.


Here is a picture of the fair from the festival last night, from the wrong side of the tracks as it were.


2 comments:

  1. Not flooded then :) It sounds like a very nice festival.
    I've been thorough Newton! If it's the one just a bit North of Warrington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.....more lights and noise and icky food to indulge in!

    Didya go on any rides? LOL

    ReplyDelete