Saturday, April 07, 2007

Think before you post

The last post was NOT the last post about cars. My car, Jezebel, is dead, and I wasnt far from being that myself on Monday evening.
Coming out of work I was driving along a road, 40 limit but I always do 20 because sometimes lorries come out of a side road and they cant stop in time at the give way - its a really quiet road. So there I am doing 20 and out of the side road where the give way is shoots this IDIOT WOMAN doing about 50 and I cant stop in time so I just smash straight into her.
Thats the end of my car. Wrecked. Totalled. A write-off - however you describe it. I am a bit retentive about wearing a seatbelt so I didnt go through the windscreen or anything, but I didnt half hurt my shoulder and my neck and my collar bone.
The IDIOT WOMAN stopped her car and ran back to see if I was ok (she carried on up the road - I was in a steaming, smoking wreck in the middle of the road still) and I wrenched my door open and started running up the road to do dreadfull things to her - only my legs gave way and I had to sit in the road. The IDIOT WOMAN obviously thought I was dead and she got out of her car to come back and check on me, and her car started rolling backwards, her open driver's door getting torn off by a lampost and her friend in the back jumping out and running for cover.....
Anyway, the police came, I got breathalysed (negative naturally!), a garage came and towed my car away and my boss took me home.
Then the fun started. I am only 3rd party f and t on my car, so I had to pay for the car to be towed back to a garage, then towed back OUT again the next day and taken to storage - which I have to also pay for. I had 3 days off work and I had to walk to the doctors to get diagnosed as having a duff shoulder and whiplash. And I have to go to work ON THE COACH on Tuesday and then hire a car while I wait to get the money for mine. Which will be a fifth of the amount of finance I owe on it, so I will be paying for a car for 2 years that I dont HAVE anymore.
The IDIOT WOMAN was in a work's car so they will just have given her another one and she can go about her business as if nothing had happened, whilst I am injured, shaken up and out of pocket - and it wasnt my fault!
Yes I am still alive and not badly damaged, but I am as mad as hell about the whole thing.....
I am obviously physically tougher than I thought as I am not so bad now, but mentally I was a mess this week. I used to think people who got flashbacks and couldnt sleep and stuff like that were a little bit feeble - but those things and more have been happening to ME this week so I have had a rethink on that one. Lessons learned? Dont buy a car on finance. Dont have third party insurance. Things to be glad about? I am a good, careful driver and I can survive things.
Hey ho. Back to the "knitting as therapy" cure. And cider :-)
Be careful out there folks.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 PM

    I am so ANGRY with the IDIOT WOMAN too. I want to grab her by the throat and shake her until her teeth rattle while screaming, "You almost killed my daughter you moron! You hurt my child! Death is too good for you, otherwise I'd tear you limb from limb and then stamp on the pieces!"

    Sorry about the rant but my maternal instinct is registering 10 on the Richter scale at the moment.

    My "child" is putting me to shame by handing the whole thing in a much more grown up and competent way which can't be easy after what she's been through. (I think I'll join her in the "knitting as therapy").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh......

    I'm relieved that you're okay! Good grief--it could have had much worse results. Thank goodness you're retentive about seat belts....I'm glad you're 'okay'.
    NONE of this is 'fun' stuff. And dumbdumbdumb person going fifty....
    (I'll let THE mum do the protective mum thing--she's doing such a standup job of it!)
    *sending healing thoughts*
    Take care of YOU. Let himself tend to you a bit too, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, you poor thing. How absolutely awful and sickening.
    Do look after yourself especially the whiplash thing! Lots of hot baths and massage (perhaps himself can oblige there:)
    I'm so relieved you survived!

    As for the idiot woman...kill kill! Stupid stupid woman!

    Why isn't her insurance paying things for you? Keep the receipts and make demands! Include everything remotely related to carlessness.
    xx

    ReplyDelete