Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ross Noble and other matters

We went to see him on Wednesday night at the Opera House in Manchester and he was very very very funny. We were right on the front row and he spoke to us and everything!
Had a drink in the Sports Cafe beforehand - shan't be going back because it was stupidly expensive. Its not that I don't have the money - its the principle. Why can I go down the road and have a pint for £2.30 and then get charged £3.30 for the same drink somewhere else, just because its a bit of a flash place?
On a better note, I got a phone call whilst in flash, over priced place. It was from a man who had found a toolkit in the middle of the road and it had my number on a piece of paper inside it. Turns out the toolkit belongs to the guy that mends our printers at work (he had his car broken into and his toolkit nicked) - he had some numbers written down on a bit of paper, mine included, and the guy that found it rang all the numbers till someone answered! There are some nice people in the world after all.
On Thursday night we went to one of those all you can eat Chinese buffet places. I didn't really do justice to it, having mostly seaweed and prawn toast and beef curry (and ice cream and jelly! Blue ice cream! Orange jelly!), but him indoors managed 5 trips. Good boy!
Last night we watched The Tool Box Murders, followed by Threads. WHY did I watch Threads again? For those of you who dont know, it was made in the 80s and its set in Sheffield and basically the UK is devastated by nuclear bombs. Its all done documentary style, and its just HORRIBLE. When I was a teenager, Thatcher was in her prime and my dad worked for the then CEGB (central electricity generating board), and did a couple of stints at nuclear outfits. I was convinced a nuclear war was imminent and had even worked out how far I would get towards my house if I was at school and a nuclear bomb went off. Thankyou Threads for bringing all that back :-) I will insist on watching it every so often and then wishing I hadnt.....
Made pizza last night and tonight its full on Sunday dinner time, so I will be off to watch a new episode of the Simpsons and stuff my face.
Hope you all had a good weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow..nobody in this country would go through that much a hassle to return someone's tools...they would have been sold at the local flea market instead. Good for that honest individual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeeeez......Threads!!!!!! Seriously scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:53 PM

    What I want to know is what does blue ice cream taste like? I mean the only blue things that spring to mind are denim and that awful bright blue eye shadow I used to wear in the 60s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *nodding and agreeing with the mum*

    What taste did the blue have?
    And who the heck was this Ross you went to see?
    Now I'm gonna haffta go google him AND Threads.
    I guess I could ask the Brit--but that's too darn simple! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Hello Mel! I'm reliably informed that the blue ice cream was bubblegum flavoured, BUBBLEGUM eurghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUBBLEGUM?

    *blech!*

    It musta been pretty.....but BUBBLEGUM?!

    More proof that all things that glitter are NOT gold?

    ReplyDelete
  7. More proof that blue is not worthy of consuming!

    Bubblegum.......*chuckling*

    ReplyDelete