Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Car Saga

Where I work, the building is being turned into flats. Actually they are called "pods". THey are a little bit smaller than your average caravan. The ground floor is being kept as businesses. If you look here you will see pictures from last year of them knocking things down.
Anyway, we now park in the car park round the back. Everyone, tenants of the flats, owners of the buildings and the businesses. On Monday they were spraying some kind of polymer resin type stuff all over the place. Guess what? It went all over everyone's cars. Now, I have a Citroen Saxo. My boss however has a Jaguar XKR. There are Bentleys and BMWs and Mercs and all sorts in that car park.
The builders admitted liability and I await a paint job because the stuff wont come off. However, as it was all over my windscreen and I couldnt see to drive, they said they would get it off. Which they did. With a RAZOR BLADE. Guess who now needs new windows??
Its the sheer stupidity that gets me. Why on earth did they not say "shift your cars" OR put sheets over the cars?
NOW they are being sued from all sides, forking out for loads of work for everyone's cars and you know what? They are spraying AGAIN on Friday!
Does no one have common sense anymore????
I am SO CROSS.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM

    They are men - what do you expect? Now if women were doing the job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pods are a bit scary. A human stacking sytem for the next generation.

    Don't worry Faery, I'm sure you have common sense. I think I still have a little.
    And your mum obviously has lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Mick Flanagan here of Flanagan Building Services Ltd. Sorry aboot yer feckin car missus but if you think on it we've dun yez a feckin favour! Who the feck would droive a feckin Citroen Saxo anyways? Feckin French motors are shite and who in their roight moinds would name a car after a salt barrel?
    May the road rise to greet you,
    Mick
    xxx = wolf whistles and builder's arse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you are a prince amongst builders. And I can't disagree with you about the car. But, in my favour, at least its not .... Portugese . B******s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I like your style lady! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm going to discuss with my governing body whether or not to add you to my Blog Roll.

    ReplyDelete