Sunday, May 28, 2006

Friday Night, Saturday..erm Night, and Sunday an' all

OOO I HAVE a life!
Friday. Me and him indoors hauled ourselves over to Farnworth to see a mate and we went to see Sinnerboy, a Rory Gallagher tribute band, at the Moses Gate. It was awesome. We got really drunk, had a kebab on the way home (kebab house run by scary bikers and I bet they get NO trouble in there),and I watched 2 16 year olds have the world's stupidist non violent fight ever:
16 year old number one (encased in pastel shirt, chinos and razored hair) - I'm gonna have you!
16 year old number one's girlfriend (encased in white shoes, orange skin and velour pants) - Leave it, He isn't worth it...
16 year old number two (dressed EXACTLY like 16 year old number one) - Yeah, I'm gonna have YOU!
Cue #1 swinging a John Inham style punch at the other, missing, falling over, teenager #2 doing almost EXACTLY the same thing, girlfriend starts crying, and all parties leave in opposite directions. Embarrassed probably.
Saturday. Met two lovely people (hi Crystal and Granville!) for a meal at Nawab near us. For once we walked so we could have a drink. We don't normally have starters but it being a social occaision we joined in and I am glad I did. Paneer tikka. Like chicken tikka but its not chicken its CHEESE. HEAVEN.
Had a few spoons of wine, chatted and off to bed. Not all together obviously :-)
Today - been rehearsing with Born Idle. My proper band. Not that other band. I have also got a new camera courtesy of the boss, so I took a picture of my stuff..... The silver foil is my cheese sandwich wrapper. Not very rock and roll but I like to be prepared.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Just been admiring the photo - that's quite a sandwich you've got there, we thought it was a foil wrapped house brick!
    We're getting a bit concerned at the number of tribute bands around these days - in a few years time there'll be no original bands to copy, just tribute bands to tribute bands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the fight scene! Felt as though I were right there missing the punches too! Way too funny my pet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! loved the fight scene. We have across the street, some teenage kids that are like trying to be like british punk from the 1980's(that my unprofessional opinion) I can see them acting like that. It's very cute in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rory, drink, kebabs..........heaven!

    And the Nawab is a seriously good curry house.

    ReplyDelete