Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another gig

Last Saturday saw DC79 in Burnley. I was sound engineer and I got so loud that some light fittings vibrated off the celing and broke, so I officially ROCK. Drank real ale, ate chips and burgers, wore the new boots and had a great time.
Having a big clear out of rubbish chez moi, and got a stack of things to sell on Ebay. Makes up for the constant buying of Richard Laymon books.
Our new drummer for MY band is working out well.
Otherwise, all is well in my world.
Except I forgot to say that it took me THREE HOURS to get to work this morning. A diesel spillage on the M62 took 2 lanes out and due to the total ineptitude of the highways agency, I was car-bound for all that time. However, I am a girl that travels well. I had water in a cooled flask, toast with blue cheese dressing (trust me - it WORKS), a book (Fred And Rose - The True Story), 3 Rob Zombie cds and a pen and paper. I may do it AGAIN tomorrow :-)

3 comments:

  1. Excellent...you will be helping me pack for my next road trip then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Ah yes light fittings vibrating to destruction - it takes your father and I right back to your teenage years, happy days (if somewhat loud at times)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the M62. I've spent an hour or several there at the Leeds end and the Manchester end. And it looks like such a good idea on the map!

    ReplyDelete