Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Snak Attack

I have managed to get through a whole day forgetting to buy cat food. This NEVER usually happens. Before I go any further, the cats had chicken breast for breakfast, and smoked ham and cat biscuits and a bit of tuna for tea, but I was anxious that there was nothing for their supper. And for some unknown reason, I forgot right up until 9.50pm and the shop shuts at 10.00pm and I had a glass of cider so I couldn't drive.Ok, its only round the corner, BUT I had just come out of the bath and was mid way through an MSN messenger chat with my ma, and I had to rustle up some clothes and quick. The result? Bag lady from planet grebo-hell. Rob Zombie would have run away from me.
1 x Rancid zip up hoodie, four sizes too big for me. 1 x pair of brown pants, three sizes too long for me. 1 x pair denim, backless slip on gardening shoes. Hair? Scrunched back on top of the head and held up with a cable tie...Oh, and one eye full of mascara, the other all clean ( I am fair and dont HAVE visible eyelashes normally).
Anyway, I made the shop and the pretty Asian eleven year girl old serving didn't bat an eye lid, not even when I spotted the Mexican Cheese and Chilli flavour potato skins. Mmmmmmmm. 10 bags of THOSE thankyou very much.
On the way home a man crossed the road to avoid me. Result!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Most excellent! And I was concerned that I went out in my ratty huge shorts, Cheltenham tshirt and no bra in the Jeep to the little Mexican store for cigs earlier today. I do believe you win the nonfashion prize for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Nice to see that you've inherited the family dress sense! I speak as one wearing black and white flowered FLARES (bought from ebay, naturally!)and an extremely tatty cheesecloth kaftan circa 1968!

    ReplyDelete