Thursday, June 23, 2005

Deconstruction

The building in which I work is a three story "managed business centre", which means there are loads of different businesses in there, and they have a shared reception and post people and a cafe and all that kind of jazz. Except it isn't now as the owners are turning it into flats and have turfed everyone out. Except US.
My company has firm links with the management and we provide services for lots of their OTHER businesses as well, so they deemed it prudent to keep us where they knew where we were, ie in the building. We are moving to the ground floor in August, into a new office (the ground floor is going to be us, their accounts department and a cafe/bar thing). In the mean time though the building is being demolished around me and as we are on floor one and floors two and three barely have WALLS anymore, its a risky business.
See this? See that black hole at the end? My office is beyond there....

See this? This was painted on the wall outside my office on Monday morning. To keep the builders from trying to smash it down apparently, but I must admit I came over all "The Village" when I saw it....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Your office is BEYOND the BLACK HOLE hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought my office was beyond the black hole..that's just scary chica. Isn't there a chance of the whole place imploding? It's cool that once it's done there will be a cafe/bar thing right next to your office at the end of the universe..

    ReplyDelete