Thursday, April 14, 2005

Where's the feather then?

Ok guys. I told my mum and she believed me. I told him indoors and he went, hmm, yeah yeah, ok, let me tell you about how crap my boss is, so I am going to tell you all today's spooky story.
This morning I am driving along the motorway to work. Its darkish and pouring with rain and you can hardly see for the spray from trucks and things. I was in the middle lane, doing about 65mph, overtaking a lorry, when out of nowhere I hear a woman's voice say "isn't it dark? you would think they would put the motorway lights on wouldn't you? i'd get in the inside lane if I was you."
I was so surprised I actually looked to my left because I thought there was a woman in the car with me (no, I didnt stop to think how a woman could have GOT in my car...)Of course, there was no woman, but I was so freaked out I did indeed pull into the inside lane....and seconds later the car that would have been in front of me if I HADN'T pulled in ran right into the back of the car in front of him. If I had still been behind him, I would have run into the back of HIM and there would have been a bit of a nasty crash. But I didn't because I wasn't there because the woman told me not to be.
Work THAT one out.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    I love the idea of 'Im Indoors' late Nan being the voice in the car - I bet if you'd caught a glimpse of her she would have been sitting there knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's good to listen to the guides when they speak. Probably was yer hub's Nan. Always pay attention to the elders.

    ReplyDelete