Sunday, August 23, 2009

The last BBQ



...of this "summer". Not that I am complaining - I like Autumn best, and am always happiest when I know it is on the horizon. I need to do some painting soon, but in the meantime here is a photo or two of yesterday's bbq. The Autumn Cath Kidston catalogue has arrived, which book-ends nicely with the book I am reading, Tove Jansson's The Summer Book.



And him indoors battling with the bbq, with only a Daily Mirror to protect him! My food was mostly paneer marinaded in yoghurt, coriander and chillies. And halloumi. I LOVE halloumi. And there is something very lovely about burnt mushrooms and peppers. :-) Burnt food is GOOD.
Later on we watched "The London that Nobody Knows", a 1960s documentary thing, presented by the wonderful James Mason. Not very long, but very interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment