Saturday, September 25, 2004

Gig # 1

Retro Bar, Sackvill Street, Manchester. Voodoo club night. Went on stage 12am, despite being there FOR EVER. Played a lot of songs. Intro was The Sweeney theme tune. Started off great, fell apart a bit, very good at the end. Incredibly hot and sweaty. Lots of people. Clapping. Broken string. Bit of guitar fell off. Amp appears to be on its last legs.
I enjoyed it. Sold a cd! To someone we didn't know!!
Got to gig in a borrowed van with no front seat - it was a dining room chair bolted to the floor and there were a load of fireworks in the back. First and reverse gear were..erm...reversed (first was reverse and reverse was first.)
I wore a black shirt and a school tie and lots of black eye shadow a la Gaye Advert. Got paid 24 bottles of Becks and £60 (between us, not each).
Drank cider through a straw due to teeth (although almost better now.)
Got in at 4.30am. VERY VERY tired now, hence lack of grammar.

5 comments:

  1. So how does one go about getting a copy of your CD? I'm in the states and just started reading your blog..we came from the same epox musically (if you happen to read my profile, try not to be put off by the Kylie thing), so I'd like to give it a listen...Blog address: www.mangeycurs.blogspot.com or email mangeycur1@aol.com Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so Mangey told me to come and check out your blog. I like it. I like it alot. And yes, I would like to hear your band too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you a comment earlier and it didn't show up, so hope you don't think I'm stalking your site. Just wanted to know how to get your band's cd..let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 PM

    You got yourself a fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:27 PM

    should post a picture of the band in action!

    ReplyDelete